“I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.” (Philippians 1:6, NLT)
It’s interesting that the last thing Jesus that said on the cross was, “It is finished.” It certainly looked like the end. It looked like it was over. But I believe that wasn’t just a statement of fact, it was a statement of faith. Jesus was saying to His Father, “I’ve done My part. I’ve fulfilled My destiny. Now I’ve got total trust and confidence in You that You are going to finish what You started.” Even though it looked like the end, in reality, it was only the beginning.
When it looks dark in your own life, when things aren’t going your way, dare to make that declaration of faith just like Jesus, “It is finished.” What you’re really saying is, “God, I know You are going to turn this situation around. I know You are going to heal my body. I know You are going to restore my family. I know You are going to give me the breaks that I need. I’ve done my part, and I know You will do Yours.” Always remember to speak victory over your circumstances because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you.
“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing” (Zephaniah 3:17, NIV)
So many people in this day and age never received the blessing from their mother or father. They never felt like they received the approval and encouragement they so deeply desired. If that’s you today, the good news is that when you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you become His child. Your earthly father may not have given you his blessing, but your heavenly Father is rejoicing over you! He’s saying, “I’m proud of you. I love you. You are amazing. You are talented. You are beautiful. You’re going to do great things in life!” He’s releasing favor and hope into your future.
Today, no matter what’s happened in your past, no matter what anybody else has said to you or about you, know that your Father God loves you with an everlasting love. He’s proud of you, and He is singing over you. Receive His love today. Receive His approval today. Receive hope today. Have confidence and strength to move forward because you have the blessing of your heavenly Father!
Sometimes, I also get mad.
- The devil, your self, or other people will make you feel like a hypocrite for going straight to Jesus right after you sinned or failed, but don’t stop. In Jesus’ arms, even after when you’e failed, is where you are supposed to be.
- I remember the ending of one story: God assures the man that it’s does not matter if his grip is weak. He will not be lost because God is holding his hand, and His grip is strong. He will never let go.
- I don’t have to wait for tomorrow, for next week, for next month, or for next year. Because I am in Jesus, every second holds great hopes. Every second holds a chance for a new start.
- God is here FOR you. He is not here for Himself. He is here FOR you. That’s how much He loves you.
- I won’t get tired of listening to You Are More of Tenth Avenue North, I think.
- You are rattled and troubled because you are worrying about too many things. You are filling up your mind with fears, and worries. Beloved, learn to let go of these things. Rest in Jesus; you don’t have to think about everything in a negative, worried light. Believe in Him and trust in Him.
- Jesus Christ’s ‘Do not worry’s for us clearly say three things: first, not worrying for anything today is possible, second, a life that does not prioritize worrying and fearing is possible, and lastly, a life of no worry is what has been intended for us, God’s children.
- Jesus is enough. There may be a time where I’ll lose everything or I’ll have to leave the things I hold most dear, but one thing remains— Jesus is everything I need. He has never failed in being what I exactly needed.